This plan is created to ensure safety measures are in place to prevent COVID19 from spreading throughout our facility, and will stay in effect until further notice.
The following are changes in our program policy.
In order to protect staff while conducting temperature screening, designated person will wear a mask, gloves and use a handhold thermometer to reduce close contact.
1. Immediately upon arrival staff should go to the office to have temperature checked. If above 100.4 degrees staff will be sent home.
2. After temperature is cleared staff must wash hands before clocking in or out. Staffs are to continue to follow hand washing procedures for themselves and the children in their classroom.
3. Staffs are to only enter the classroom they are assigned.
4. Staff having any of the following symptoms should NOT report to work or leave work immediately if they have any of these symptoms:
*Fever (100 degrees or higher)
*Shortness of Breath
*Loss of Smell or Taste
5. Staff must additional wash hands before meals, upon entering after going outside, changing diapers, cleaning, help in assisting children in the restroom and at other DCFS recommended times and guidance.
6. Staff cannot combine rooms inside or outside at any time.
7. Staff required to wear a mask or face shield at all times when indoors.
Health screenings required before classroom entry.
1. The temperature of children will be taken BEFORE they step inside the classroom.
If no fever over 100 degrees and any sign of illness the child (ren) will be taken to the bathroom to wash their hands and taken to the classroom.
If child (ren) has a fever 100 degrees or over or having other sign of illness they are not allowed to stay. They must be 72 fever free to return or must return to the center with Doctor note. The thermometer will be cleaned with rubbing alcohol between each use.
2. No outside food, cups, bottles with water, toys or additional items may be brought in.
3. Staff will sign child in and out each day.
4. The child will be required to change the shoes.
1. Household must remain out of the center if any member of household has or has been in close contact with anyone who has:
(a) A confirmed case of COVID19
(b) Traveled from an area which is experiencing widespread community transmission of COVID19
(c) Should you or any household member have any of the following symptoms, we ask you to remain out that day and notify the center.
* Fever of 100.4 or higher
* Cough, Soar Throat, Difficulty Breathing
*Loss of Smell or Taste
1. As always, we will continue to strictly follow all required DCFS hand washing, cough and cold hygiene, diapering/ toileting, and cleaning/sanitizing/disinfection procedures. If updates to any of these procedures are recommended by CDC/DCFS, we will follow those recommendations.
2. Teachers closely monitor children washing hands procedures.
3. Hand sanitizer will be at the entrance to the classroom
4. Children only play with the toys designated by the teacher.
5. All toys and equipment used in the classroom is not shared and is cleaned and disinfected between uses.
6. Toys that cannot be washed are not used
7. Meals – not served family style. Children are NOT to help set up for meals.
8. There are to be no large group times on the carpet.(small group)
9. Implement social distancing whenever possible.
10. Frequently touched surfaces are to be disinfected every 2 hour and more often as needed.
11. Cots are spaced out as much as possible (6 feet apart) and children are placed head to toe for naps.
12. After nap all sheets, blankets are to be taken to the laundry.
13. All beds must be disinfected daily.
14. Children are to be monitored 3 times a day for fever and other sign of COVID-19.
15. If a child has COVID-19 symptoms they are to be immediately taken out of the classroom. Parents are to be called and the Director will request that the child be kept home for 14 days or unless the child has a negative COVID -19 test.
16. All staff will receive training on proper disinfecting and ways to protect themselves against Coronavirus and COVID-19 sign to watch out for in themselves and the children in their classroom.
Visual signage will be posted throughout facilities regarding hygiene, social distancing, mask and more.
1. Families are greeted at the door. Parents and other family members are discourage from entering the Fairyland. Staff member takes the temperature of child (ren) prior to parents leaving the site.
2. Center staff will sign all children in and out.
3. A change of footwear is recommended for children and staff.
4. Children and staff are required to wash their hands immediately upon entering the building and frequency throughout the day.
5. Children are NOT allowed to bring anything from home.
6. Children age two or older wear face covering, when feasible.
7. Mask will be stored in the baggy during mealtime and naps and will be sent home each day.
8. Program Staff separate children into smaller groups that fall within state or local guidelines.
9. No water fountains are to be used.
10. Frequently touched surfaces are to be disinfected throughout the day and at the end of each day as recommended by CDC
11. Evening Staff will perform an enhanced deep cleaning every night in all areas, on all touched surfaces.
12. There are to be NO outside visitors or volunteers.
13. Our Family Awareness Campaign will inform families regarding COVID19 and protective measures through the use of frequent informational emails and printed handouts.
14. Parents should contact the center and report absences and all symptoms of their child.
We will continue to work closely with the state and local health department to respond as quickly as possible to the latest guidance and direction.
4350 N. Milwaukee Ave.
Chicago, IL 60641
Monday through Friday
6:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m
During Covid-19 6:30 a.m to 5:30 p.m
By Appointment Only